What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

image always resizes when moving to larger background..??

robiss

I've been using Elements 9 for several years... just started using v12... this is driving me CRAZY... I'm trying to add several smaller images on a large background image; but the smaller image auto-resizes to fit the larger image size when I move it to the large background..??... I can do the exact same operation, with the SAME files with v9, & it works fine... but v12 resizes the smaller image ..?? ... I've tried reset... restart... changing resolution... every possible setting on the move tool... nothing seems to work..!!... any ideas..??

MrToM

Guru
What exactly do you mean by 're-size'...?

The usual culprit for this is a difference in resolution between the two documents......the 'larger' one usually being 72ppi...the PS default.

You say you've tried resolution as a solution but what exactly did you do with it...and where...on which document?

Are both documents of the same resolution?

Regards.
MrToM.

robiss

yes.... 72 dpi.... BOTH images.... as I said... the operation is done fine with the EXACT same images on a different pc using v9 Elements... I actually completed my collage project using v9; but I want to know what's going on with the v12 issue..??