What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to get this effect?

tdpol

here's the image I'm after ... maybe they just had a black background or some better backdrop. i'm trying to get similar colors/background.

dandie1.jpg
Here's my edit with a blue background. I've tried using curves, going to blue and messing around with the sliders, as well as desaturating the picture. Still cant get a similar effect.

dandie2.png

Tom Mann

Guru
Sorry to be dense, but I don't understand what you want and what you are starting with.

Just before your 1st picture, you say, "Here's the image I'm after". To me that looks closer to an un-edited, straight-out-of-the-camera shot. So, do I understand you correctly that you want one of your images to look like a SOOC shot?

Just before your 2nd picture (which appears to be a completely different image from the 1st one), you say, "Here's my edit with a blue background", but where is the image that you started with?

I'm confused.

It would be a lot easier if you would label them and then clearly state something like, photo #x is my starting image, photo #y is my goal, and photo #z is the best I have been able to do so far.

Tom M

Steve

Retired Administrator
The difference with the photos seems to be the depth of field.
In the first one the entire dandelion seems to be totally in focus, in the 2nd one it's not.
The 2nd is also a bit soft or out of focus.

Use a tripod for stability and increase the depth of field on the lens.
If you're talking about something else give us a better explanation.