What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

(help request) Unblur/Unshake image?

Ricky_Robie

Hi everyone,

First post here, been fiddling with image editing software for awhile, I have good, beginner's knowledge of the tools and tricks - I practiced a lot of some basic, rudimentary software back in the day (Photostudio, Paint.net), and I can usually get the work I need done on those, but I got a photo I really need help with, and I can't seem to get it right on my own. I've looked around for image edit requests sites, but a lot of them I know are just there for photoshop trolls (sad, really).

I got to meet Weird Al backstage this past weekend at a show, and sadly, the handler who took my photo moved the camera and the photo turned out, well, not great. The whole thing went by so fast, there was no time for a do-over (and the photo looked fine on my camera's screen at the time and I thought it was ok).

I've fiddled with my trial version of Photoshop and tried to use the "unshake" function, with mixed results - mainly because I'm in over my head with the minutia of the tools.

Attached is the original, untouched photo. If there is anyone out there who can lend a hand and make this pic a little more presentable, it would mean a lot, and might help me learn to fix photos like this in the future - thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_0986.JPG
    IMG_0986.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 14

Paul

Former Member
Unsharp mask and smart sharpen and lighting is as good as i can go with simple CS5 tools, also going smaller with the image helps squish the pixels after over sharpening a little.

blur.jpg

Ricky_Robie

Thanks for the help, folks!

I tried that high pass trick in the youtube video, and it worked pretty well. I went in afterwards to remove some of the noise and grain, and ended up with something half-decent, I think... I just hope it looks good enough for prints...

Attachments

• IMG_0986-PS3.jpg
    IMG_0986-PS3.jpg
    963 KB · Views: 1