What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Make same color

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
This is a 2 part effect.

The first is a gradient.
Using the Gradient editor, sample the colors.....

Screen Shot 2015-08-11 at 12.00.38 PM.png

Create a gradient.....

Screen Shot 2015-08-11 at 12.05.44 PM.png

The gradient will appear within the note...(I'm using an X)

Screen Shot 2015-08-11 at 12.06.02 PM.png

The second part is a brush. On a new layer, use the color picker and sample the color.
Then use the Brush tool and an appropriate brush to add the color.

Screen Shot 2015-08-11 at 12.06.12 PM.png

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
No.............doesn't look anything like it at all.

Screen Shot 2015-08-11 at 1.29.34 PM.png

MrToM

Guru
You're just not trying, are you Sam.

Losing your touch? :rofl:

Regards.
MrToM.

PS...I think it looks spot on mate but hey....what do I know?

dv8_fx

Retired Administrator
Thanks! it's look similar but not same

Sam's 2-part procedure will work in re-creating the look.

From what I see in his procedure, the difference you see might have been caused by his color sampling with the eyedrop tool. You have to do trial and error to sample and get just the right shade in your sample image to what you prefer.....

Give his procedure a try...... better than not trying at all.....

thebestcpu

Guru
Hi Aviorrok

One thing I noticed in your image is that there is no attached color profile. That makes it a guessing game for anyone trying to help you matching colors. Please let the forum members know which color profile is associated with your image and/or repost your image with the color profile attached.

That could potentially explain why there is no matching colors on your end.

Just a suggestion.

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Just so everyone knows, I was not trying to match colors at all. My interpretation of the original question was how to get the same color pattern and not a color match. Any matching of colors would have to be done by the OP.

dv8_fx

Retired Administrator
Just so everyone knows, I was not trying to match colors at all. My interpretation of the original question was how to get the same color pattern and not a color match. Any matching of colors would have to be done by the OP.

Exactly.....

The brush work using Cyan could have also thrown off the colors.

@Aviorrok .... sometimes when reproducing a graphic, one can only approximate how the design could have been done by it's original creator. The rest is up to you to improvise or improve on the steps provided here......