What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Create 3 frame animated GIF

MrToM

Guru
This is an interesting service for gif's...

http://ezgif.com/split

It will return the DIFFERENCE only in the frames....rather than the whole image....so any pixel in the frame that is identical to the last frame becomes transparent....leaving just the difference.

I've not seen an 'online' service like this before, I've always done it the hard way, but its interesting to see just how the 'gif' frames are made up.

It makes much more sense of my ramblings earlier to explain about transparent pixels when you actually 'see' what the differences are.....if of course...there are any! :rofl:

Regards.
MrToM.

dv8_fx

Retired Administrator
Pleasure was all mine...

View attachment 57848

Regards.
MrToM.

LOL...... wher'd ma lizad go?......

Still trying to figure what the OP intends with such an animated 3-frame gif.....

But here's a crazy work-around..... In the timeline, insert an empty frame with 0 delay between each frame with visible layer.......

6-frame-dv8(deviate).gif

Guaranteed 3+3 frame visible animation.....

Or better still.... use 2 frames... One with visible layer 2secs .... the other with no layer 0secs..... same result....

How ya like dem apples, @MrToM? :pimp:

MrToM

Guru
Fellas.....I'm sorry I didn't answer that question in post 4......but in post 1 I did indicate that all frames were coming from the same source graphic...
Sorry SargeUSMC I didn't mean it that way.....I meant that I, me, numbnuts here could have answered it in post #4.....I got halfway by asking the question and then totally forgot to follow it up....my fault entirely.

I guess I was trying too hard to find a solution....and it was early.

Sorry for any confusion.

Regards.
MrToM.

MrToM

Guru
Now thats interesting....
dv8
One of my images posted in this thread just disappeared....post #28.....now when I'm reading your reply about Lizad going missing the image that you quoted in #44 of my post #43 did the same thing!!! GONE!

SO....LOL...... wher'd ma image go?......

Whats the story?

Someone dickin' abart wit de site?

Back on topic....apples?

Gonna try your stuff out...see whats goin' down.

Regards.
MrToM.

dv8_fx

Retired Administrator
Now thats interesting....
@dv8
One of my images posted in this thread just disappeared....post #28.....now when I'm reading your reply about Lizad going missing the image that you quoted in #44 of my post #43 did the same thing!!! GONE!

SO....LOL...... wher'd ma image go?......

Whats the story?

Someone dickin' abart wit de site?

Back on topic....apples?

Gonna try your stuff out...see whats goin' down.

Regards.
MrToM.

LOL.... that's what you get for messing with Mr. Sal A. Manda's Starry, starry Night portrait..... :devilish: .

Post 43 image is up...... Post 28 image is really outta here.... lol... just re-upload if you're up to it..... or check your image attachment folder in Advanced Edit mode and drag the image (if it's there in the folder) into the insert field.

MrToM

Guru
...LOL.... that's what you get for messing with Mr. Sal A. Manda's Starry, starry Night portrait...
Burned.:eek:

Post 43 image is up...... Post 28 image is really outta here....(if it's there in the folder)...
Post 43 image was fine.....it was the duplicate in YOUR quote that just upped and vanished! Right before me very eyes it did.

Post 28....Nope...not there.
Vanished as well.....like an old oak table.....or is that varnished?

This kept happening to Sam too.....now me.

Oh well....it wasn't important....but it could have been.

Thanks anyway.

Regards.
MrToM.

dv8_fx

Retired Administrator
Burned.:eek:

Post 43 image was fine.....it was the duplicate in YOUR quote that just upped and vanished! Right before me very eyes it did.

Post 28....Nope...not there.
Vanished as well.....like an old oak table.....or is that varnished?

This kept happening to Sam too.....now me.

Oh well....it wasn't important....but it could have been.

Thanks anyway.

Regards.
MrToM.

That invisible forum elf must be here for a while..... happened to me too in a couple of threads just now.....

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sorry guys, I had to run for a while!

Like dv8 no matter what I tried short of changing the frames/layers slightly, could I get it to work.

I have never had the need to create an animation that did not animate so I was unaware of such a problem.