What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A little alignment help

Darkranger85

I'm working on a flyer for my Karate Dojo to put around town and I have the overall done, but I just can't get it to look right alignment wise.

The fact that Karate and Self Defense are so different in size makes it hard to look right.

I'd love some help, advice, suggestions, or anything. I appreciate it!

Attachments

• makato.psd
    2.7 MB · Views: 4

MrToM

Guru
Here's my suggestion.....should be self-explanatory...

alignment_MT_01.png

(The grey background is just to highlight my text.)

If you keep the page White then there is no need to use any blending options on the logo....its background is white as is the page.

Although you cannot see it in my example its usually best to keep fonts set to 'Smooth'...not always but usually.

Make use of 'Bold' to emphasize the important bits.....you can use the 'faux' bold in the Character Panel or you could 'stroke' the text using the 'fx' options if the font you are using does not have a 'bold' option.

If its 'too' bold then 'stroke' with the page colour....that will thin it down.

It goes without say but using only one colour is usually cheaper than two....if you can get away with only using one....ie, black.

Regards.
MrToM

Last edited: