What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How can I make th ground look like grass?

JRT

Help with wedding picture please!

We really like these pics, but she is standing on dirt! Can it be done? I'm not very good with this kind off stuff. Thanks.

Attachments

• 293_zpsu8yx0tvp.JPG
    293_zpsu8yx0tvp.JPG
    117.5 KB · Views: 4
  • 294_zpsysqmz8au.JPG
    294_zpsysqmz8au.JPG
    119.7 KB · Views: 3
Last edited by a moderator:

gedstar

Guru
Do you mean something like this?
grass.jpg

All I did was make a selection of the dirt with the quick selection tool, added a grass image above the main image select the grass image and add a layer mask, darken it with a brightness/contrast layer with clipping mask, it's just a quick edit and needs some more effort

Untitled.jpg

Oops for to darken the grass

grass1.jpg

Last edited:

JRT

Would it be really rude of me to ask for one more? can you remove the TV & the hat?

Last edited:

Tom Mann

Guru
FWIW, IMHO, the photographer you used could have done a much, much better job given the great smile, pose, dress and background. Specifically, he didn't balance the flash exposure with a good exposure for the sunset, and he's got water spots all over his sensor. If it were me, I would be expecting photos that look more like the version attached below.

Tom M

PS - Thanks Gedstar. I started with your tweaked version

Attachments

• grass2_by_Gedstar-tjm01-acr-ps01a_sRGB-01.jpg
    grass2_by_Gedstar-tjm01-acr-ps01a_sRGB-01.jpg
    433.1 KB · Views: 4

Tom Mann

Guru
LOL, no ... I completely booked right now, and, in fact, I'm just about to head out the door to today's shoot.

Tom M