What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Working with fonts and foreign languages

Novelista

Hi,
I'm new and I don't know if anyone has asked this, but is there an easy way to handle typing foreign languages with a font that doesn't have the needed characters?

My job is to take graphics in English and translate them into different languages. I do this with Photoshop. Some fonts the designers use have all the characters I need. Most, however, are missing characters like â, ú, and ş. Right now, I'm going into other fonts that have the necessary symbol and cutting just the piece I need and pasting it onto the letter that needs it. This is very laborious. I often do the same words over and over, but if I fix one iteration and then try to copy and paste it, when it gets resized (as all the graphics do) the symbol moves out of place and I need to fix it anyway. There has got to be a better more efficient way of doing this. Please, anyone?

Back