What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New To Photoshop

McKade

Hello, I've recently started re-using Photoshop and was wondering if anyone happened to have advice of how helpful knowing the software itself would be when entering either a web design or a gaming design field would be.

(as in, how much better would it look on a resume, what all industry fields would it fit in, and would it just be helpful to know how to use Photoshop either way)

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Hello and welcome to PSG.

Photoshop is high on the list of applications suggested for web designers. It is a MUST to know! So I would say yes, it would be helpful to be proficient with Ps. It and illustrator/Fireworks will be used to create most web graphics.

MrToM

Guru
Just to add to Sams excellent advice...

PS does have the ability to produce the HTML and CSS code as well the graphics but I'd strongly advise against using PS for anything but the 2D graphical side of things. (Yes it also does 3D but its not really that good at it.)

Knowing how to write the code for websites is far more impressive than knowing 'how to produce it' via PS....or Dreamweaver for that matter.

PS is image editing software and its pretty good at it....but when it comes to the code, write it yourself.

Just my 2¢.

Regards.
MrToM.