What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Natural looking brush

GabrielWolff

Hi there! I'm not new to Photoshop, but while until now I mainly edited photos, I recently started doing other stuff in Photoshop.

So I'm looking for a brush [or a tutorial on how to create a brush] that mimics the texture of attached work.

Can anyone help me?

Thanks!8c8e33c2bb71e3016dfbd70b351dd1c8.jpg

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Hello Gabriel and welcome to PSG.

This type of brush can be rather difficult to mimic in Photoshop, but you can get fairly close.
However, without a good tablet, this will be almost impossible. You will need to 'naturally' control the pen pressure.

I don't have a brush set up for this texture, but this one is similar.
Screen Shot 2015-09-28 at 10.17.29 AM.png

Look for tutorials and downloads on Photoshop Calligraphy brushes.

GabrielWolff

Hi IamSam and thanks for your reply!

Yes, I'm waiting for my Cintiq to arrive.

What seems to be missing in your example is the INNER texture of the stroke. Maybe it's not very visible in the forum. Is it at all possible to achieve it digitally?

Last edited by a moderator:

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I don't have a brush set up for this texture, but this one is similar.

Yes I know. I was not trying to simulate the texture in your image exactly. I stated that I don't have a brush set up for that texture.