What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

trying to make a phone case have a imagef

sammyferns

Hi guys I am totally new to PS I am wondering if any one can help me make a image so it looks like this I have no idea what this is called so all help is appreciated thanks :D

Attachments

• phonecase.jpg
    phonecase.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 14

sammyferns

ok sorry :p basically I would like to be able to put images onto a phone case like above using the same case. but different images if that makes sense?

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Hello and welcome to PSG.

This is a simple Clipping mask technique.

All you need to do is to create a template of the area you would like to replace, in this case it's the phone case. To do this you will use the Pen Tool.
Then it's just a matter of adding images on the layers above the template and clipping them to the template layer.

Template..
Screen Shot 2015-10-02 at 9.12.16 PM.png

New image (clipped to template)...
Screen Shot 2015-10-02 at 9.08.20 PM.png

Add another image on top of the last image and clip it as well.
(since it's on top it will be visible, so no need to turn off the other layer, but you can if you want)
Screen Shot 2015-10-02 at 9.08.04 PM.png

Here is the layers panel.....
Also notice I added a shadow layer at the very top. I did this by Cmd/Cntrl + Clicking the template layer to make a selection and then I used the gradient tool create the gradient. I set this layers blending mode to multiply and lowered it''s opacity.
Screen Shot 2015-10-02 at 9.08.44 PM.png

Here are many videos on how to create clipping masks: https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=photoshop+clipping+mask+tutorial

Tom Mann

Guru
@sammyferns - I saw your Post #3 in this thread, but just to be 100% sure:

(a) Do you want to learn how to make other images with a similar paisley, Grateful Dead-like theme / look; or,

(b) You already have a group of these images picked out, and you just want to know how to make them look like they are actually already on the case for the purpose of the advertisement?

Sam illustrated a great way to do (b), but I'm still worried that you might have meant (a).

Tom M

Last edited: