What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

whats the keyboard short cut to the toggle between alpha channel & the original layer

balavalli

whats the keyboard short cut to the toggle between alpha channel & the original layer in windows environment ?? :banghead:

balavalli

Re: whats the keyboard short cut to the toggle between alpha channel & the original l

ok i think i found it its tilde (~) key ?? its really useful short cut indeed. Let me try.

Tom Mann

Guru
Re: whats the keyboard short cut to the toggle between alpha channel & the original l

On my system, the default assignment is:

Ctrl + \ to switch from layer contents to the layer mask, and

Ctrl + 2 to switch from the layer mask to the layer contents.

Obviously, you can reassign these if you want. For example, I would love it if the same keystroke would simply toggle between the two, and didn't require a different shortcut for each direction.

Tom M

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator

There isn't one.

Just drag the Channels Panel from the docked position if you need to both at the same time.

Screen Shot 2015-10-03 at 8.12.04 AM.png

Or........

If you want to go from the alpha to original state just click the RGB.

Original RGB (original state)
Screen Shot 2015-10-03 at 8.22.05 AM.png

Now click once in the body of the alpha layer.
Screen Shot 2015-10-03 at 8.22.13 AM.png

To go back, click on the RGB layer again.

Last edited:

Tom Mann

Guru

Thanks, Sam. I saw "alpha channel" but somehow that registered in my mind as "layer mask" not as one of the three regular color channels or an added alpha channel. :redface:

T

balavalli

Thank you for the replies. Thansk a ton Iamsam and Tom Mann .Kudos to you both.