What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gurus, how do you make shapes like this?

balavalli

Gurus how do u make shapes like this ? I used rectangle tool and then used the pen tool and drag it the path point.Is there any simple method using Photoshop cs6? Eagerly awaiting for your techniques and wana learn from you. Thank you !! :yourock::yourock:

shape1.jpg

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
You r way works fine.

You could......
Create the rectangles.
Merge the rectangle layers.
Deselect the path(s)
Choose the Pen Tool
Set the path operations to 'subtract front shape'.
Select both paths again.
Draw the shape you like to be subtracted with the Pen tool.

Screen Shot 2015-10-04 at 1.26.26 AM.png

Last edited:

Tom Mann

Guru
As usual in Photoshop, there are several ways to accomplish the same goal. So, here's an alternative to the method Sam described should you prefer to work with selections, not shapes.

1. Make a rectangular selection.

01-make_a_rectangular_selection.jpg

2. Intersect an elliptical selection with the previous selection.

02_intersect_an_elliptical selection_with_the_previous_selection-.jpg

3. Subtract a tall thin rectangular selection from the previous selection.

03-subtract_a_tall_thin_rectangular_selection_from_previous.jpg

4. Fill the remaining selection with the desired color

04-fill_with_desired_color.jpg

HTH,

Tom M

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Balavalli said:
Gurus how do u make shapes like this ? I used rectangle tool and then used the pen tool and drag it the path point.Is there any simple method using Photoshop cs6?

Sorry Balavalli, I thought you were referring to SHAPES created with the Rectangle Tool using paths. I must have been mistaken. I didn't interpret your question that you were needing an alternative method..........well actually I did, just not in the way you wanted.

Last edited: