What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

wrap / project text around a building

carolb123

i need to mock up an image of projected text on a building, exactly like the one in the photo attached!
please help, need to get it done quickly! thank you. I'm using cs6 x

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-10-07 at 12.12.09.png
    Screen Shot 2015-10-07 at 12.12.09.png
    500.6 KB · Views: 35

MrToM

Guru
You neglect to actually ask a question so as its just a general statement...

1. Create your text.
2. Transform it to fit whatever shape it needs to fit.
3. Change the blend mode.

If you can be more specific about what it is you are having difficulty with then a more 'specific' solution can be found for you.

Regards.
MrToM.

Eggy

Retired Moderator
MrToM
I hope you don't mind me jumping in...
carolb123
I don't know your skill level so this should help you since it is quite a simple manipulation in PS:

- open your building image
- type the text in the right size, font and color and rasterize the text
- place text at the right position on your building

Text on building 01.jpg

- draw selection around left side of text with buildingcorner as border (midpoint)

Text on building 02.jpg

- press ctrl+J to make a selection of the left side of the text

Text on building 03.jpg

- repeat for right side of text

- disable original text layer (I prefer to keep an original text layer in back-up)

- select the right side of the text and use transform-perspective or free transform to position the right side part of the text into:

Text on building 04.jpg

- repeat for the left side of the text

- use multiply blend mode for both parts of the text (In this case, but depending on the image you choose experiment with another blend mode)

Text on building 05.jpg

MrToM

Guru
...MrToM I hope you don't mind me jumping in...
Not at all....no worries....jump all you like.....the exercise will do you good!

You've actually done me a real big favour by graphically illustrating my previous suggestion so thank-you very much.

I intended to do more or less the same but got caught up in another thread.....meantime you nailed it!

Nice explanation Eggy, and thank-you once again.

I'll just add one thing to it...if you convert the text to a smart object you can use all the transform tools on it without rasterising.

This means that you could edit the text at a later stage without losing any transforms applied to it.

Regards.
MrToM.

Last edited: