What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

how to make a lantern glow with photoshop CS6

JoeJ

Can anyone please let me have a step-by-step method showing how to make the image of a street lantern glow with Photoshop CS6?

I know some steps and am able to reach the GRADIENT EDITOR. But how to proceed from there?

Many thanks (in my native Maltese language: Grazzi hafna!)

Joe

JoeJ

Many thanks for yr prompt reply.

Have been trying to follow the tutorial you mentioned but I got stuck after choosing the dark blue colour for the night sky. How to transfer that colour onto the morning sky to turn it into night?

Thank you again for kindness and patience.

joe

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Have been trying to follow the tutorial you mentioned but I got stuck after choosing the dark blue colour for the night sky. How to transfer that colour onto the morning sky to turn it into night?
I will be glad to take a look.

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Ok, I've taken a look and I can say that the way this tutorial has been edited, it can be very confusing.

At exactly 1:29 (time) he creates a shape that already has the blend mode set to Multiply and the Opacity set to 79%......
View attachment 59383

This will not happen when you create your shape layer. It will be at Normal blend mode and 100% Opacity.
True, he goes on tho explain this, but it's very confusing.

Me personally, I would just use a "Solid Color adjustment layer" (Color Fill).

Click on the lower icon from your layers panel, and then the choose Solid Color...
View attachment 59384

This will create a new "Solid color Adjustment layer" and the Color Picker will also pop up so you can choose the color of the adjustment layer.
In the Color Picker, enter his suggested RGB (40,56,79).

You will now have a layer that looks like this..
View attachment 59385

Now set this adjustment layers blend mode to Multiply and the Opacity to 79 (or whatever you want).