What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Redesign image of Australian map

erixlars

Hi everyone,

I have a small task that I need some help with. Basically, I want to redesign a picture of a map (Australia) by removing the blue background and add a green (lime green) outline border around the map.

- Remove light blue background
- Add lime green outline border

I have attached a file (map_2) that illustrates what I need help with.

I am totally new to Photoshop and still waiting to receive my first own version so I am really thankful for all the help that I can get :)

Thanks guys!

Attachments

• map.PNG
    map.PNG
    195.5 KB · Views: 2
  • map_2.png
    map_2.png
    209.6 KB · Views: 1
This map is way too small and low/terrible resolution. The result reflects that!

map copy.png

If you desire better results, you will need a better map.

I assume you require an outline on the main land mass not including the outlying islands?

map_dv.png

edited... missed the preference of lime green and background....:cheesygrin:

This map is way too small and low/terrible resolution. The result reflects that!

If you desire better results, you will need a better map.

Hi Sam,

Thank you for your reply!

I understand the resolution is way too low but for this quick task it's OK. I would really appreciate if you could add a version without the green outline border and one version with a bit darker green (see attached picture).

Attachments

• green.PNG
    green.PNG
    478 bytes · Views: 11
And will the truck and building be retained?

Yes, they should be retained :)

I think the best would be to make version without the city names since some of the city names are cut in half now e.g. Syd, Brisb etc.

Thank you for your help, I really appreciate it! :)

Yes, they should be retained :)

I think the best would be to make version without the city names since some of the city names are cut in half now e.g. Syd, Brisb etc.

Thank you for your help, I really appreciate it! :)

If you'd prefer to retain the cities like what IamSam did, I could keep them there.

If you'd prefer to retain the cities like what IamSam did, I could keep them there.

Actually, I think it will be best to remove the city names since the resolution of the map is so low anyway.

Also, is it possible to crop the image so it has the same size as the map rather than a big rectangle?

Last edited:

Back