What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help trying to recreate a lightning burst kinda effect

Box

Hey all

I'm trying to create an effect like the one attached in but seem to be struggling quite a bit.

My immediate thought was to use some tree shaped brushes (without leaves) and add a glow around it but they ended up looking way off. I tried again with some lightning brushes but again I couldn't get it to look remotely close to what had been done here. I've wasted countless hours trying to get even close but no no avail. :banghead::bangdesk:

Does anyone have any ideas on how i can replicate this type of thing? Possibly even a tutorial on something similar?

Attachments

• effect.png
    effect.png
    27.8 KB · Views: 14
Hello and welcome....

You're idea's close though.... Google for Lightning Brushes...... select a few packages for download.

Use different brushes to create the configuration of your sample image.

The center could be anything like a bright ball of white that you could add Gaussan blur to simulate glow.....

Is there a larger version of the image of this effect?

Can you post any of your attempts that you've made at this?

unfortunately no higher version.

I'm at work at moment so cant access my computer but when i get home i'll show you the attempts i have made. I tried using tree brushes, lightning brushes and fire brushes. some parts looked vaguely similar but none were remotely close. the ball+Gaussian blur wasn't something i tried so hopefully this will be the missing key!

Not a problem.

Are you trying to match the flames/lightening? Or the white hot spot?

both. the whole effect. well not so much the faded shapes on top of everything but the lightning sorta bursting out the ball

both. the whole effect. well not so much the faded shapes on top of everything but the lightning sorta bursting out the ball

If you're gonna give that a try, duplicate the white ball and position below original. Apply the blur at a high setting. Create a duplicate to highten the effect more and lower opacity to suit. As for the original, apply the blur slightly and play with opacity.

Back