What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

HELP Just started a job, and they want me to edit 200 photos!

gluckykl0cke

Hi! I just started an internship where they want me to edit 200 photos from a shoot so they all match.
The original photos are shot on a white background and then the model is slightly airbrushed (I can do) and then the background seems to be adapted but I'm finding it unbelievably tricky to get it to look good.
Would someone here be able to teach me how to get this done? I've followed many tutorials but every time you can tell that I've just tried to cut the background out and recolour it really dodgy!!

whitebg.jpgthebg.jpg
before and after ^^

Thank you for any advice you can give me!

You do not have to cut out the background.
Make a selection of the person. Place it on his own layer on top of the original layer.
Apply 'curves' to lighten the background/person. This will not affect the cutout person of the top layer.

Well I think thats what you mean?

thebg 02.jpg

Hey no sorry, I want to make the one with the white background have the same background as the greenish one!

OK, sorry, my mistake.
But actually you do the same.
Make a selection of the person.
Place it on his own layer on top of the original layer.
Apply 'hue/saturation' to match the background/person with the one on the right.
This will not affect the cutout person of the top layer.

whitebg 02.jpg

To make it easier to match the color on view, open both files (dark background) and go to 'window' - double vertical so you'll have the two pictures side by side to compare.

Double window.jpg

Last edited:

Back