What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

livery/ skin - creation for racing vehicle

rocafella1978

dear all, I am a complete newbie, but i have managed to learn step by step, and i usually don't immediately ask or post or go to someone for help.
this is something special though i am creating, for a brother/ dedication piece to a brother in arms, who lost his life overseas this summer. (he loved race cars!!!) so for a proud american son and brother, i chose the Corvette C7.R.

i started creating this skin, initially i wanted to do it in camouflage AOR1 or AOR2 pattern, since those were his used patterns and MULTICAM (MC) too sometimes.
i have started the livery in 4k resolution. (i used different camo pattern from a website http://www.textures.com/ because i did not know how to get the nice and high res AOR1/ AOR2 or MC pattern onto the vehicle)
so i used a pattern i found on that website. so i have learned a lot and doing well i would say. the car/ skin/ template is from Assetto Corsa, which the devs put into the game folders for community members to create their own skins and liveries and to share or not share. my problem is, that i can't get the camouflage to match correctly to the contours of the vehicle, i just don't know how to do it...when i apply it, it is all completely off, even using a 4k camouflage texture pattern, just don't know what i am doing wrong...???
then i wanted to use shapes/ or draw some racing lines from the front of the car to the back, over the sides, but can't get it to line up either, because the template/ skin is not in form of the car, and i don't know how to make it work and lines to match perfectly when testing in the game.
so then i tested some shapes (CSH) files, and used them, exported to DDS and tested in game, and the shapes had very bad edges, not smooth at all, then i changed them to smart objects and the same bad edges, can't get smooth lines, and wanted to use the pen tool, but just not good enough and don't understand how to use it.

i would appreciate any help and guidance, and if i have in any way or shape offended anyone or have disrespected the rules, i apologize in advance, i just did not know what else and how else to get this done, and having spent a good $$$$ on PS! (i could not care less for the $$$ but i want to get this vehicle done!)
corvette_C7R.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: