What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to copy Kannada text in photoshop using Word Doc

nugs

We have doc files with Kannada text now we want to copy same text to Photoshop CS5. But on copying text it loses it formatting and whole meaning of the word changes. Please help

Regards,
Megan

MrToM

Guru
I wouldn't know if this is right or not but this is just copied and pasted from Google Translate...

kannada_type_MT_01.png

...doesn't look to be any different than the translation...even the formatting is the same.

As dv8 has suggested, a sample of what isn't happening for you would be most helpful.

The font I used can be found near the bottom of this page...
http://kannada.indiatyping.com/

Regards.
MrToM.

dv8_fx

Retired Administrator
I wouldn't know if this is right or not but this is just copied and pasted from Google Translate...

View attachment 59538

...doesn't look to be any different than the translation...even the formatting is the same.

As dv8 has suggested, a sample of what isn't happening for you would be most helpful.

The font I used can be found near the bottom of this page...
http://kannada.indiatyping.com/

Regards.
MrToM.

There may be something in what you said there.....

Most probably because PS doesn't support KANNADA ..... ? OP did say he copied from a text document. It's a not just a matter of having the font being used installed.

I can create a line of text in the site you posted and paste it into a MS word document but won't show if pasted in PS.....

Sherlock LiZad,,,, you've been drinking too much....

MrDrunkenChicken

MrToM

Guru
Well it works for me so...??

..and yes, I mean from that site....I used Google translate afterwards to check and both of them copy and paste just fine.....in CS5.

Thats is of course if it reads ok......could be backwards and upside down for all I know.

I didn't even have to install a font to be honest, but in an effort to ensure it would work for the OP I linked to a working font......and the site to translate English to Kannada....so they could copy and paste from there to check.

It may be that the .doc file has both CR and LF line endings or none at all or just the wrong one that PS doesn't like.....maybe PS doesn't convert tabs to spaces......maybe there are a whole heap of hidden formatting characters in the doc that PS doesn't like.......who can say?

I wouldn't have thought the 'Show Asian Text Options' in the preferences would make any difference so didn't mention it...I didn't need to turn them on but...

Regards.
MrToM.