What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What type of edit i can do in this pic. ?

wewakeparmar

Hello,
I am a PS user i need to edit this pic. He is a athlete and want to do some creative work.
Can you guys suggest me how can i start with this photo. What type of photo should i edit.

tXANN0peAocXn5AlmnHJE0AfgcclvtMsdBZlyKi8AW0.jpg

Thanks a lot
Appreciate any help from you,

Last edited by a moderator:

PhotoBarney

Is this the photo you're talking about?
tXANN0peAocXn5AlmnHJE0AfgcclvtMsdBZlyKi8AW0 (1).jpg

Do yourself a favor and upload the image directly to PSG.
It's easier for you and easier for the members to get you quicker responses.
Also upload a higher quality image.

The first thing I though was more contrast, whether B&W or color.
If color, more saturation.
A tighter crop above and behind could be considered too.

If this is the best image you can get, I'd convert to B&W because the color info is lacking.

Tom Mann

Guru
Dear @wewakeparmar -

Our members could easily put the runner in front of stylized rays of sunlight like in this old Beatles album cover. Or, they could have the subject of the photo running away from anything ranging from prehistoric creatures to zombies. Or, our members could have him running on a beautiful mountain trail in the fall. Or, maybe you would be happy if all they did was just give the image a better ocean/waves background. Or, they could have him replace the "Road Runner" in the old cartoon series. Maybe they should convert the image to a night scene where he is escaping from a prison and spotlights are illuminating him. Or they could turn it into an engraving, or make it look like an oil painting, or a mosaic, or a reflection in a puddle, or low-poly art, or Grateful Dead psychedelic colors, etc. etc. etc.

In short, you are essentially asking our members to present you with some of the zillion possibilities that exist, and hopefully, among them, there is one that you sorta-kinda like. Well, that's asking people do to free work for you with the odds stacked wildly against them.

In fact, just a week or so ago, there was a very similar, "do-something-interesting-to-this-photo" type of thread:
https://www.photoshopgurus.com/foru...lease-help-post1533721467.html#post1533721467

I strongly suggest you read through that thread. Everything that was said to the OP in that thread also applies to your request.

The bottom line from that thread is that while there are people here that will be more than willing to help you out, you must take an active role in the development of the concept, otherwise there are just too many possibilities. For example, a good approach is to post links to pix that you think would make a nice background, or have effects applied that you like. Google Images is your friend in this. It just doesn't cut it if the only guidance you provide is "make it creative".

HTH,

Tom M

Last edited:

Tom Mann

Guru
Also, if you want help, you should post some of your own attempts (along with a statement of what you had in mind), and someone is guaranteed to help you improve your own Photoshop work. Without demonstrating that you are also putting substantial effort into this project, there is little motivation for others to help you.

Tom M