What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Blending light images into dark background

Josh Liu

I'm trying to blend the terminator woman into the background so that everything matches. The shadows I added doesn't seem to do the trick as you can see. If any of you gurus can show me how to make the modifications as well as the end result that would be great! BTW please don't laugh :cheesygrin:

Attachments

• terminator.jpg
    terminator.jpg
    182.5 KB · Views: 1
  • terminator.psd
    6 MB · Views: 4

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Hello Josh and welcome to PSG.

Can you post or link us to the original images of the woman and the background?

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Thanks.

One minor issue, that's not the same background.

Paul

Former Member
All i did was cover the terminator with the girl's face then used the eraser:shocked: to remove some of her face using a dropped opacity to see the terminator face underneath, then raised the opacity back to 100%.
Played with saturation and colour levels to give it that movie poster look sort of:thumbsup:

And yes i know ALWAYS GO WITH LAYERS AS IT'S NON DESTRUCTIVE but as OP not replying did the down and dirty version:rofl:

rub.jpg

Paul

Former Member
Just used my original image and added it to the background you supplied, i then made a second copy of the face converted it to a colour burnt layer and reduced opacity, i also removed the flesh side to only reveal the robotic head for animation flicker.

arn.gif

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I actually made three versions of this image.

One, with natural colors.....
Screen Shot 2015-11-19 at 9.47.04 PM.png

One with a slight green tint to match the BG, I kept the color inn the eyes and the lips.....
Screen Shot 2015-11-19 at 9.46.49 PM.png

And then one with the green tint and a darkened BG (just the sky) and the hair line heavily blended in.
Screen Shot 2015-11-19 at 9.59.45 PM.png

Tell me which one you like and I'll see if I can explain what I did.

Josh Liu

I actually made three versions of this image.

One, with natural colors.....
View attachment 59911

One with a slight green tint to match the BG, I kept the color inn the eyes and the lips.....
View attachment 59912

And then one with the green tint and a darkened BG (just the sky) and the hair line heavily blended in.
View attachment 59913

Tell me which one you like and I'll see if I can explain what I did.

I really like version 3. Can you explain how you did that? I have a basic understanding of lassoing and blending with the clone stamp/ blur tool. I'm unsure how to change the skin color like that though. Was the sky darkened with the clone stamp / healing brush?