What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Youtube banner 75% finished - What to change?

evhum

Hey PS Gurus,

What would you change of the Youtube banner I'm working on?

iSqdTmI.png

It's supposed to give the impression that you'll see lots of traveling on the channel, however my friend said his first impression was "painting tutorials". :confused:

I might add captions such as:
Behind the scenes | Travel | Vlogs
but there isn't much space for captions and I can't find the right text style (position, font type, color, size, ...) to make it look professional. Any ideas?

1. How could I include those captions?

2. What else would you change about the banner?

dv8_fx

Retired Administrator
Hi and welcome to the forum, evhum...

The FB page is already white so I would suggest adding a background to it - either a color or light grunge-ish texture - in order that your logo pops and is the focus on the page header. With the addition of a proper background, it would easier to visualize where to add captions.

Minimize on the negative (empty) space between texts.

Give my suggestions a try ( as well as from whoever has forthcoming ideas) and post what you come up with.....

evhum

Thank you dv8_fx!

It will be hard to read if I reduce the spacing, I have already tried that (but deleted it) and didn't like it.

I tried two very light grunges and will probably keep the second one. Solid colors other than white ruin the "canvas" look (if that's the right English word) that I'm trying to achieve.

Still clueless about the captions.

rzRWq0b.pngo9tmRvW.png

Last edited:

Tom Mann

Guru
I realize that this is a highly subjective subject, but IMHO, the current design is *waaaay* too cluttered / busy. Almost always, less (ie, simplicity) is more in graphic design.

A designer staring at his work on a large screen for long periods of time can be mislead into thinking it needs more and more details / complexity. Squint and look at a small version of it and see if the content stands out clearly.

Just my $0.02,

Tom M