What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Matching skintones

wayneout

I am now retired so with nothing to do, I fired up my Photoshop CS3 that I have had for awhile. Never had the time to
try and learn it. But now I am trying to do fun things like put my grandkids picture on action figures or my wife's picture on
whatever. Trying to match the skintones has been hit and miss Some times it works and some times it doesn't. But here
is what I don't understand. Most of the time, I use match color with the face of the one I am replacing. Some of the time, it is pretty
close and other times way off. For example, the RGB of the original face is say R150 G100 B 125 and after I do match color, the
RGB figures are no where near that on the new picture. The new picture will show some thing like R200 G150 B 175 I have even
tried doing a fill layer with soft light and the resulting picture looks no where near the original. What am I missing? Thanks.