What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Any advice on to how to make this enameling look more like, enamel?

gabbbahey

Hi,

I´ve made this logo/sign (the black one) in illustrator and I´d need it to look more like enamel or metal finish.
I´d prefered to do this in illustrator, to keep it scalable, but guessing it´s easier in PS? If so that will be ok for now.

I like the finish of this red one I found.

Any help or advice much appreciated.

Also if anyone can recommend a really good (adobe) illustrator forum, please share :)

thanks
best regards
gabbbahey
Skärmklipp 2015-12-13 22.34.55.pngSkärmklipp 2015-12-13 22.35.03.png

the reference image (like the shine on this one...)
www.photoshopgurus.com.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

Burned Ice

Power User
Hej, det ser bra ut ;)

Have you tried applying enamel texture? If you want that white reflection you could do it manually with a shape and a gradient, that gives you more freedom than a simpel bevel & emboss

EDIT: here a preview of what I mean
EDIT2: I know the gradient is a bit too big but I'm too lazy to change it, also you can bevel the letters so they are more like the ref you provided.
preview.jpg

Last edited:

Confestium

It's a lot easier to accomplish in Ps rather then Ai, but saying that, It's not impossible in Ai, just a lot more work involved.

In Ps, I used a mixture of gradient, bevels & emboss and shadows. Then added some gloss and texture for good measure.

Forgive the pixels lol, I done a rush job, and without the Ai file or psd made it a little more difficult.

3695427a0c27b87af3d0c848606ecb20.png

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Try this.

You have your sign.
Screen Shot 2015-12-13 at 7.32.11 PM.png

Select your Pen Tool, set to path, and create the area of reflection.
Turn the path into a selection with a 1px feather.
Screen Shot 2015-12-13 at 7.33.43 PM.png

Create a new layer below the text layer.
Select your Gradient Tool. Choose the Foreground to transparent preset.
Add the gradient to your selection.
Screen Shot 2015-12-13 at 7.36.54 PM.png

Lower the reflection layers opacity.
You can also add a layer mask to the reflection layer and use a gradient to soften the lower section.
Tweaked up a little.
Screen Shot 2015-12-13 at 7.47.58 PM.png

Last edited: