What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How do you create this kind of images (fauvism?!)

whoops

I see alot of these pictures using only yellow blue and red. and I wonder how you can do that? Can you turn any image into that with photoshop or do you have to do it from scratch? I would like to create my own picture from a cartoon picutre f.e. family guy or so...cornholio_by_garrett_btm-d4n1419.png:giggle:

Thx :cheesygrin:

I followed the tutorials on youtube to obamize my pictures. But how can you create a picture that is so detailed like this?

Attachments

• star-trek--i98005.jpg
    star-trek--i98005.jpg
    343.4 KB · Views: 0

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Hello Mother Theresa and welcome to PSG.

This effect is called the HOPE POSTER effect.

You may have yo explain the details to which you refer to and how they differ from any other Hope Poster style images.

If you followed this tutorial, you would achieve the same level of detail as the image you have posted as an example.

Last edited:

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Also remember that different photographs will produce different details, even when using the same technique.

thx for your reply IamSam!The detail I meant were the eyes the teeth the nose basicly the whole conture of the face is perfect visible.
I followed that tutorial and this is my result:is this

Attachments

• Jtest.jpg
    Jtest.jpg
    121.3 KB · Views: 17

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Very interesting. I see what your talking about now.

Do you have, or I should ask, can you upload the original image so that myself or others may have a go at it?

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sorry, had to step out for a bit.

Thanks for the image! OK, give me awhile to see what I can come up with.

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
OK, in following the tutorial, this is what I came up with.

Not quite the same detail. But I'm fairly happy with it. I will have to try some variations.
Screen Shot 2016-01-17 at 3.13.54 PM.png

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Your welcome. I wish I could offer more help.I think the second method will get you where you want to be. When I have a bit more time I will see if I can tweak the second image.