What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to put a picture in a shape of a completed project

lifeofbrian2007

I need to put a union flag inside this flame, but I can't redo the flame as this skin has three different layers and the fresnel layer would be a huge pain to do again.

Thanks.

flame.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello and welcome to PSG.

If your just wanting to place a small flag into the flames or to make the flames look like a flag, I would use clipping masks.

Screen Shot 2016-01-17 at 9.59.52 AM.png

Screen Shot 2016-01-17 at 10.01.49 AM.png

Last edited:
Thanks, I followed this video, but as soon as I press ctrl-alt-G the flag disappears?

fail.jpg

Hello and welcome to PSG.

If your just wanting to place a small flag into the flames or to make the flames look like a flag, I would use clipping masks.

Last edited by a moderator:
To add a clipping mask, Right click the FLAG layer and select create clipping mask.

OR...........

Hover your cursor between the FLAG layer and the FLAME layer while holding down the alt/option key, you will see the cursor turn into a box with a black angled arrow pointing down, then click.

Last edited:
One thing I noticed is that your flame layers in your layers panel appear to be yellow. Where are the red flame layers? If there are red flame layers above the yellow ones in the layers panel, the flag would not be visible.

Also make sure you have the right flag over the right flame.

Last edited:

Back