What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Difference Clouds Filter and Layer Mask

juicebox

Hello everyone.

I'm attempting to follow the short tutorial below but I'm stuck at a step and was hoping I could get help from someone more experienced in Photoshop.

There is a part after creating the 'squiggly line' effect from the Difference Clouds filter that instructs the user to "Apply Layer Mask" to the layer, however I'm confused with how to do this with the information that is provided. I'm pretty sure that the author left out some steps.

Basically I'm struggling with trying to figure out what needs to be done to make the black background of the 'squiggly line' layer to be transparent. I know that I can change the blending mode of the layer but then I wouldn't be able to add the necessary effects to the 'squiggly line' later on in the tutorial.

Could someone with a better understanding on how to achieve this please help fill in the blanks?

Link to the tutorial:

http://geometries.tripod.com/tutorial_text_oblivion.html

Thanks!

colleague

Guru
after you changed the input level of the diffence cloud - layer to 252 , you have to

1) go to layer > layermask > reveal all
2) go to image > apply image

juicebox

after you changed the input level of the diffence cloud - layer to 252 , you have to

1) go to layer > layermask > reveal all
2) go to image > apply image
That did it! Thank you very much colleague. I'm not sure if I would of ever figured that out.