What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to i make this pasted photo look natural in another?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My question was how do you change the colour of trees, castles or even grass from their original colour and saturation and to make it look compatible with the surroundings. Like what you did with the trees.
I explained this, I simply changed the blending mode of the tree layer to OVERLAY. I changed the blending mode of the hill and castle layer to HARD LIGHT. That's all I did.

I used a special brush I made for snow and stars, etc. But, there are several ways to generate a starfield, here are some tutorials: https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=Create+a+starfield+with+Photoshop

Thank you! My bad for not reading carefully. So here's my try: Trial.png
I did really bad in the stars, but i wil like to just go on with it, i couldn't stretch the photo because i was afraid it might not look good, how can i blend these two photo together? I am sorry i am just too stupid for this. And how do i remove the borderline from the jungle picture.

... I am completing a project for my ART assignment and i was given a theme. ...

Let me urge a bit of a caution: If you were supposed to complete this assignment yourself, you better not submit the work of IamSam as your own because all the instructor / professor has to do is ask you a couple of questions about the techniques you used, and it will become glaringly obvious that you didn't do any of the work yourself. Where I teach, a situation like that gets the student an immediate zero on the assignment (assuming they haven't cheated in the past), and if they protest, a hearing in front of our board of academic integrity (which almost never finds in favor of the student). This really isn't a good path to go down because for marginal students it can result in failing the course, then the parents get involved, graduation can be delayed, yada, yada.

Also, I assume that once you learn all the techniques Sam is showing you, you will do something similar by yourself using other starting images, since I'm sure you realize that all the instructor has to do is put what you submit into TinEye or Google Image Match and they will likely turn up this thread.

Just a thought.

Tom M

Let me urge a bit of a caution: If you were supposed to complete this assignment yourself, you better not submit the work of IamSam as your own because all the instructor / professor has to do is ask you a couple of questions about the techniques you used, and it will become glaringly obvious that you didn't do any of the work yourself. Where I teach, a situation like that gets the student an immediate zero on the assignment (assuming they haven't cheated in the past), and if they protest, a hearing in front of our board of academic integrity (which almost never finds in favor of the student). This really isn't a good path to go down because for marginal students it can result in failing the course, then the parents get involved, graduation can be delayed, yada, yada.

Also, I assume that once you learn all the techniques Sam is showing you, you will do something similar by yourself using other starting images, since I'm sure you realize that all the instructor has to do is put what you submit into TinEye or Google Image Match and they will likely turn up this thread.

Just a thought.

Tom M

Hey Tom, Fret not. I labeled the SS i took as 'Trial' with the intention to try things out, i will not be using or copying any photos or sources that Sam as provided me with. I am sorry if i didn't clarify it before, i was just trying to test things out.

Ok, let's get some things out in the open.

For anyone who knows me and my usual manner of providing help here in this forum, has noticed that I have not been as technically detailed with my explanations as I normally am. I recognized from post #1 that this is a student asking for help on an assignment. Like Tom and many others here, I have no intentions of doing the actual work. This is why I intentionally used small screenshots to show examples. Here in this thread I have also intentionally done poor work on the examples in order to discourage the misuse of the example images. I need to consider watermarking my examples in these situations.

@davelollol I have done you a disservice by not questioning you upfront about your experience with Ps and letting you know that you have bitten off more than you can chew with your current knowledge and skill level. My original hope was that you had some fundamental working knowledge of Photoshop so that I might steer you in the right direction. I quickly realized that you did not and that I was now in a hole.

Your attempting to learn in a very short period of time, techniques that take most people days, weeks, months, and even years to learn. You must start at the beginning and work your way up. I gave you as much information as I could under the circumstances without going into great detail. There's simply too much that you don't know and it would take great effort to explain the individual processes and techniques in a limited amount of time.

As I can see from your post above you did not heed my advice. I told you that I had used a special brush that I had made for snow and stars. I did not have the time to explain the process of creating a brush and what settings needed to be used. This is the knowledge you should already have. I realized there was a much easier way to create a starfield and that there were many online tutorials explaining the process. You chose to ignore the tutorials and use a brush which made a repetitive pattern across the sky.

Without going through the process of learning Photoshop in a proper manner, you will set yourself up for failure and disappointment. I'm all for helping you, but let's start with basics.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back