What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to make this shape using Photoshop ?

BaluM

How to make this shape using Photoshop ? Very interesting . Rectangle marquee tool and use the selections to get the curved shapes then gradients ? Especially the shape is very interesting and really neat looking .Any tutorial will be great for us. Thank you.

shape.jpg

So far i created a new file draw a rectangle over the canvas with a desired color and then choose the select tool and selected the top points and used the right and left keys to maek the shape like this.Noe i lost :D what to do after this see the screen shot below please.

shape1.jpg

Attachments

• shape.png
    shape.png
    50.2 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:

gedstar

Guru
This is how done it

First I setup the guides and with the Pen Tool I drew out the shape, then filled the shape with green, you can use and color, next I copied over the image on top of the background layer for color reference only.
I then made a selection of the shape with the Magic Wand Tool and selected the Gradient Tool, opened up the Gradient Editor and sampled colors from the reference image to setup the gradient.
I then added the gradient from left to right holding down the shift key

Result

Untitled.jpg

BaluM

Thank you.You explained more on gradients .Can you kindly explain me how u made that shape itself ??

gedstar

Guru
If you want to use the guides like me you need to enable the Ruler using Ctrl + R
Then you can pull out the guides from here

Untitled1.jpg

Eggy

Retired Moderator
Eggy can you post is please ?
BaluM,

I'm truly sorry BaluM but when I saw that Sam and gedstar already did posted their solutions I thought I was late so I deleted it. I can't undo it. I was buzy with several things at the same time. I have one excuse; I'm a man and can't multitask. :cry:

But it is like Sam Says, all in the pen tool! Learn to work the pen tool.

hawkeye

Guru
When drawing symmetrical shapes such as this, you only need to use one guide to mark the middle. Draw only half of the shape as an open path. Duplicate and flip the duplicated path horizontally and join it with the original.

Attachments

• Untitled20160206102129.jpg
    Untitled20160206102129.jpg
    5.1 KB · Views: 13