What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Collage with Photoshop CS6

JoeJ

Can anyone kindly give me step-by-step instructions how to make a collage in Photoshop CS6?

I use Windows 8.1 and Firefox.

Many thanks.

JoeJ B

JoeJ

Many thks for referring me to a google video for creating a collage, but unfortunately I couldn't quite follow the tutorial.

As I am hard of hearing, I could not quite make out what the tutor was saying. Moreover, I couldn't make out which tabs the tutorial was indicating with an arrow as the figures are not sharp enough, and enlarging them only makes things worse to read!

Is there perhaps a tutorial that you can recommend that lists the steps to be taken to create a collage?

Hope I am not troubling you too much!

My renewed thanks.

Joe

JoeJ

Many thanks again, but am still struggling with the googles online videos re: learning to make a collage with Photoshop CS6.

Wish I could locate a tutorial that lists the steps in easy stages, as distinct from tutorial videos.

Kind regards.

JoeJ

Tom Mann

Guru
Please click on the link I provided in message #2 of this thread. It *IS* a step-by-step tutorial, *NOT* a video. I don't know why you thought it was a video. This is why Sam made the comment, "...what video?"

Tom M

Tom Mann

Guru
@JoeJ - Thinking about this a bit more, it occurred to me that other than for professional jobs with unusual requirements such as producing very large (i.e., 12 foot wide) posters and banners, for ordinary family & friends collages I tend to use smaller, easy to use programs such as Picasa to make collages that don't have any unusual requirements or need special customization. Picasa requires much less of a learning curve than PS does.

There are lots of written and video tutorials on using Picasa's very nice collage function. Just Google {Picasa collage tutorial}.

In addition to Picasa (a free, very useful program from Google), there are many small commercial programs designed specifically to make collages. Just Google {collage software review} and you will get an idea of what's available in the commercial arena. Most of these commercial collage making programs cost less than $40 and are extremely easy to use.

Just a thought,

Tom M

Last edited: