What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Airplane Template

jingscastle

Hi everyone, I'm really sorry if im posting this into the wrong place. I have a question about plane templates, and I have zero knowledge with photoshop and templates, but im really eager to learn how to do this. how could someone turn this picture
320cfm.jpg

into this?

Airbus A320 WF (2).jpg

I know its probably too hard for a newbie like me, but im really eager and willing to learn.. if anyone out there also willing to teach me about how to do this, i will be so grateful. thanks in advance :) also I have the psd files, but unfortunately for me, i dont understand it.. :) thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Hello and welcome to PSG.

Are you working with 3D models or just 2D?

jingscastle

just with 2D only, 3D would maybe another step after i could do this 2D models.. can you help me?

It would be helpful to know what format(s) you have the original (before) picture in. JPG only? Or do you have a PSD, or layered file?

Agent

dv8_fx

Retired Administrator
just with 2D only, 3D would maybe another step after i could do this 2D models.. can you help me?

I find that the templates from that site where you got the files are lacking (they only offer 4 gif views which one has to compose in PS for the layer psd) and will require a lot of work on your part to add in shadows, hilights and other detail. And with your limited knowledge of Photoshop, it will be a long process and may be daunting for you even with step by step instructions from us.

I would suggest downloading this similar A320 psd file which contains all the extra details you'll need. With this, you can start hot-rodding your personal Airbus. Go over the layers and see how they work in tandem with each other.

And if your still up to the task, post what your thoughts here in your thread and let's see if we can help you out... maybe turn this discussion into a group effort with each one coming up with something based on the psd....

AirbusA320-200-PA copy.jpg

Incidentally... your full plane image could be a flattened jpg of a detailed template psd.

edit.... oh... I think it's from the same site but with more detail - the full no holds barred version created and offered by the site owner.

Attachments

• AirbusA320-200-PA.psd
    667.5 KB · Views: 74

dv8_fx

Retired Administrator
the edited pictured have PSD file, layered file..

But here's something to start with what you've got if you have composited the 3 main template gifs into a psd layered file. It's quite a low quality template, I should add....

A300_retouch.jpg

On the plane body layer, I added a 1-pixel stoke layer style.

I've started work to bring out the details on the fuselage and tail. This requires duplicating the detail layer and filling the lines with black afterwhich I had to delete certain parts to expose the lower detail layer and lower the layer opacity.

This may not mean any sense to you. But I need to hear from you before I or anyone here go further in detail....

Eggy

Retired Moderator
There is a way making the illusion of 3D using the PSD file.
By inflating the fuselage and engine in PS 3D you get something like this:

AirbusA320-200-PA.png