What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Need advice on my first photomanipulation

Jan Dijkstra

Hi, i did my first photo manipulation and was wondering what i could do to improve my picture.

For example, in my eyes i find the person in this picture still not blending enough in the background (e.g i can still see it is photoshopped ;p)

How do i fix this?

Regards,

Jan

wim1.jpg
wim2.jpg

Origional:

wimorgineel.jpg

Last edited:

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Hello Jan and welcome to PSG.

Actually, I think you've done a fine job blending the subject into his new background. The only thin I think that could be improved would be the color of the new backgrounds, they seem to be too desaturated.

Can you point out anything specific that you believe does not look right?

Jan Dijkstra

Hello Jan and welcome to PSG.

Actually, I think you've done a fine job blending the subject into his new background. The only thin I think that could be improved would be the color of the new backgrounds, they seem to be too desaturated.

Can you point out anything specific that you believe does not look right?

Thank you for your kind reply!

I have this feeling, especially with the left arm, that you can clearly see its not from the same picture.

I think I find the overall edges to sharp... already tried to use the blur tool a bit. But i am afraid i will mess it up more :D

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
To avoid messing things up, when your done with all of the adjustments, select the uppermost active layer and create a stamp visible copy (Shift + Alt/Option + Command/Control + E)

Use the SV layer to experiment with. I would use the Blur Tool as you mentioned.

MrToM

Guru
I think you've done an excellent job too....but then what do I know?

I would also agree with Sam that a slight blur around the edges would literally take the 'edge' off it.

There is an easy way to do that all in one go too.....you can use a path to control the blur.

Once you've done as Sam has suggested create a marquee around the guy.....this should be as easy as ctrl clicking the layer thumbnail he's on....assuming he's on his own layer.

Once you have a marquee you can then convert this to a path....make sure it stays selected in the paths panel....as well as the right layer being selected too.

With the 'Blur' tool selected and set to an appropriate size and reasonably small amount just hit 'Enter' on your keyboard....the blur will be applied along the path...or in other words the edge of the guy.

You can hit 'Enter' several times to build up the blur so having the amount set to a small value means you just keep going till it looks enough.

You will probably need to extend the marquee below the baseline of the image in order to prevent blurring along the bottom or you could do the same to the path once you convert it....either way is pretty simple to do.

Regards.
MrToM.

Argos

Guru
Apart from what was said by the colleagues, you not see the image blending perfectly because the brain is too smart, and the blackground you used the sky is almost at night and not match with the light in the model.

I dont know if explain well myself my inglish is not good enought, sorry.

Cheers!

Leon William

Banned
You have done a good job !

These are my observations

1.There is no tone uniformity with the blended images. Man’s image has more contrast and lighter than the background
2.Background image mountains are not properly blended with the clouds
3 Man’s hands are flat. The low contrast darkened the hands
4.Please use photo filter to overlay same warmness to blend the whole image