What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

If this is the given image which method u use to cut the background ?

BaluM

If this is the given image which method u use to cut the background ? i am trying to use channel method to cut from the white background. Some how when am brushing the inverted image the brush is also
overlapping with the background which is black in this case and its giving some hallow or some white stroked around the image.Seems am i doing anything wrong? This is the method i followed for this image so far.

1) I selected the channels which is having more contast. In this case green.
2)then i used the levels adjustments
3)then i inverted the image.
4)then i select the white as background and set the layer mode to over lay and started painting white on the given image. Here am facing the problem.The brush strokes are spilling over to the black background also .See the attached image

Untitled-1.jpg

Untitled-1.jpg

Also i attached the working psd.Please suggest me .I am keep on getting this .seems i already posted it in here. :banghead: :banghead: May be my brush setting?? :neutral::neutral:

PSD:

https://www.mediafire.com/?dfqsh3m6z1371g5

Last edited:

tuutuutuut

good method.
but have you used "O" burn/dodge tool?

much easier to work with than with a standard brush tool.
with this tool you can isolate haires even with ease.

set parameters relatively (burn(midtones) and set tolerance/sensitivity to 0-20 and softness of the brush to 80-90%
burn tool makes only dark tones darker and leaves high and midtones to alone.
with dodge it's the other way around.

@work so no example, sorry

gedstar

Guru
I just used a Levels Adjustment Layer and was able to make a good selection with the Quick Selection Tool and Refine Edge, disable the Levels Layer after making the selection and select the layer with girl and hit CTRL J to copy the selection to a new layer

Untitled.jpg

Last edited:

tuutuutuut

fast and easy for low res ads but not ideal for when the subject has loos hair and fibers par example
just try to isolate a tree with foillage/leaves from a blue background using just 'color select' and the quick selection tool with refine edge - probably awefull.

refined edges doesn't take any consideration for the nuances in tones, it just adjusts the selection and feather as far as I know.

best and maybe a more time-consuming method is channels + images>levels > burn and / or dodge.

seriously!

BaluM

tuutuutuut am a newbie to photoshop am out and out a FW user recently started using ps.Can you give me some tips ? After coming to this forum i learnt a lot and enjoying ps now !!

tuutuutuut

specifically concerning the latter image proces or in general?

just ask/post any question about PS and I will try to explain everything but it's up to you eventually.

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I think your main problem is that you need to set your Brush Tools blending mode to normal. Right now it's set to overlay. Set your opacity to 100% and your flow to 100%. Turn off the "always use pressure for opacity" setting/icon. Make sure your brushes hardness is set to 85% and your spacing to 1%. Zoom in close and work your brush size up and down using the bracket keys. Do the outer edges first,
Remember, you can make any alterations to the mask later either directly on the mask or using refine mask.

If there are any areas that are slightly gradated around the edges, then use the burn or doge tool.