What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

create layer template with color choices?

gotreats

I have a .psd file that serves as templet with 10 different colored layers. As needed, I copy one of the layers and then paste it into another .psd tab/file. For example, if I need 5 REDS, I c/p the red layer of my template, duplicate it 4 times and then arrange as needed. Is there a way to create a template to copy over that has those 10 color options built in so that I can quickly change those 5 RED layers to BLUE or WHITE without deleting them and copying over the blue template individually (moving, rotating, placing them is tedious).

I don't know best to word my question for title and searching online is vague due to what I'm asking...

THANKS!

Last edited:

gotreats

Is this worded poorly or is there not a solution which is easier than what I am doing?

Thanks for the help.

gedstar

Guru
Hi gotreats

Not sure about anyone else but I'm finding it a little difficult trying to understand what you're trying to do, maybe it would help people here if you post the psd template