What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What could be the best method to remove the similar attached images ?

BaluM

What could be the best method to remove the similar attached images ? I tried quick mask method with out success.And when i tried channel method i messed up the clubs :( :banghead:

cmp-bags-2016-005.jpg

Eggy

Retired Moderator
When you say 'remove' I presume you mean cut out the golfbag?

In that case the pen tool is still the best way.

BaluM

Am also curious what you do at the base to see it properly as its not visible as its dark .I think its the wheels of the bag ? ?

gedstar

Guru
Am also curious what you do at the base to see it properly as its not visible as its dark .I think its the wheels of the bag ? ?

There's no wheel on the bag, it's just the shadow underneath

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Well.............I can't say that your wrong. LOL!! Channel masking may not be the best solution for this particular image.

But it's certainly not impossible, it's all in how you want to look at the problem.

I just copied the green channel.
Screen Shot 2016-03-30 at 12.13.10 PM.png

Inverted it (Cnd/Cntrl + I)
Screen Shot 2016-03-30 at 12.13.25 PM.png

Then I used the Brush Tool and the Polygonal Lasso Tool to outline the bag and fill in the BG of channel with black.
Screen Shot 2016-03-30 at 12.12.17 PM.png

I then used a curves adjustment layer to bring up the white a little more.
Screen Shot 2016-03-30 at 12.14.32 PM.png

Then I again used the Brush Tool (set to white) to fill in the bag.
Screen Shot 2016-03-30 at 12.22.41 PM.png

Make a selection of the channel. Reset the RGB of the Channels Panel.
Go back to layers.
Highlight the Golf bag image.
Add layer mask
Screen Shot 2016-03-30 at 12.23.09 PM.png

Now I can select the layer mask, right click and choose "refine mask" and make any fine adjustments it requires.

BaluM

Amazing IamSam. Initially i tried this method and i messed at the 2nd step of you i mean 2nd image.Did you changed the brush mode to overlay to paint the background black?How come you paint it so precisely especially the stand etc..

BaluM

BTW this is the image i cut it using pen tool.

balu_m.png

Last edited by a moderator:

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Did you changed the brush mode to overlay to paint the background black?How come you paint it so precisely especially the stand etc..
NO! Leave your painting mode set to NORMAL.

Set your Brush Tool to:
Mode - normal
Opacity - 100%
Flow - 100%

Hardness - 85%
Spacing - 1%

And that's it!!!

On the stand I used the Polygonal Lasso Tool!!
Sam from tutorial said:
Then I used the Brush Tool and the Polygonal Lasso Tool to outline the bag and fill in the BG of channel with black.

GREAT WORK with your Pen Tool selection!

I hope you used a layer mask so you can use Refine Mask to lessen the sharp edges with a feather.

Last edited: