What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eye of smoke.

Jaksystem

Hey everyone!
I'm new to this forum but besides that I wanted to share this work I created around 2 days ago.

I've been messing about with some smoke brushes and I finally found some that I liked. I managed to make it into a circleish form and I just created some "smoke" going out of that. Found an eye on the internet, edited it a little bit and made it fit into it all.
What is your opinion on this? Would like to hear some tips to make it have more depth or make it more smokeish.

Thanks!
- Jaksystem

No background:
zMaxNJ0.png

Grey background (#202020):
Hr7pIR7.png

Last edited by a moderator:

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Very interesting. For me, it' looks more like a desaturated fire ball. The eye is hard to make out, in fact if you had not titled this piece, I (again) would have thought it some type of sphere on fire. The repetitions (symmetry) in the smoke give away the technique you used to create this.

All in all this is a very nice piece! Good job.

Jaksystem

Thanks!

Yes, I also just noticed that if you look at it in a different way that you can't really make out that it's an eye. I just notice it because I made it.

Do you think there is anything to improve on or add certain things to make it more interesting?

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Well, right now it's very centered and symmetrical. You could move it off center and break up the symmetry. You could then add a more interesting bg as well as some shading and highlights to give it depth, it's a little flat. I would have to mess with the image a while before I could offer specifics.

Jaksystem

I'm thinking of keeping it centered, but making a background that will make it pop out so that it'll look right when it is symmetrical. I tested it out and if it's off centered it looks.. Rubbish.

If you want the PSD I can upload it so you can mess about with it.