What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Text box. Hard to grab corners to enlarge?

Alex Boothby

Hi Guys,

First of all, I would like to say Hi!

I do apologise for signing up and instantly asking a question, but after years of struggling with certain things in Photoshop - I thought I should finally sign up!

I am using Photoshop Elements 11 on Win 10.

I tend to make a lot of info posters for work. One thing I come across again and again is when I create a text box when I then need to adjust the size to incorporate more text, on many occasions, even though I can see the drag box it will not let me 'grab' it to increase sise. Or sometimes, say only the vertical drag boxes will allow me to move and not the horizontal.

Just in case you are wondering I dont think I am confusing the 'move tool' (the one that warps the text size rather than the text box) and the 'type tool'. I know to click the text tool before clicking the text.

Can you guys think of anything I am doing wrong? Or is it just once you have many layers it gets a bit confused?

Many, many thanks in advance.

Alex

MrToM

Guru
How are you going into 'Edit' mode for the text layer?

Does double clicking the 'T' thumbnail still not give you the right drag handles?
Or do you get the drag handles but cannot move them?

I don't have PSE11 but in PSE13 it works just the same as in PS...not sure if its still called 'Paragraph' text but that's essentially what it is.....if I'm understanding your problem correctly that is.

Knowing your workflow and maybe a screen grab of what isn't happening would be helpful, if not the actual file with the error. I can try it in PSE13 but I've no idea what will happen.

Regards.
MrToM.