What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to achieve this blue background and arrow background

nyckid32

1.) How does one make this blue background effect on the side ?

maxresdefault.jpg

Mod edit: Please don't upload (implied) lewd language here, this is a family oriented forum.

2. And this is the similar to the first picture but with a dynamic arrow or greater than sign. How is this made?

PEYTON.jpg

Didn't want to spam my second thread in 12 hours but my first thread ended up successful so I might as well ask my second Photoshop question for now. Need help.

Last edited by a moderator:

inkpad.t

Guru
2 x images blended together with a gradient layer mask on one of them, or each image blended together then a blue to clear gradient overlay, or 2 images blended together , blue soft brush layer over the top and the blending options changed ( ie set to overlay, soft light, or other blending option ). It could be a combination of images but probably using layer mask and or masking with the gradient tool.

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Depends on which part your asking about.

I will show you how to add a pre-made pattern to the image.

Open your image.
Screen Shot 2016-04-07 at 8.39.05 AM.png

Open and position the pattern you would like to use in the same document.
Screen Shot 2016-04-07 at 8.39.19 AM.png

Add a layer mask by clicking the icon located at the bottom left of the layers panel.
Use your Brush Tool with low settings and set to black to mask out the area you want to be seen.
Screen Shot 2016-04-07 at 8.39.31 AM.png

Screen Shot 2016-04-07 at 8.39.47 AM.png

If you asking about actually making the patterns, that's a whole different animal.

nyckid32

thanks. i don't mind not being able to get the exact pattern.

can i have a link to that red and black pattern? it's good.

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I think this is the one I used: https://wallpaperspal.com/wp-content/uploads/Red-Geometric-Polygons-Wallpaper.jpg

Another method would be to use the Gradient Tool on the layer mask.

Choose the Foreground to Transparent preset from the Gradient Editor.
Set your gradient to linear.
Set your foreground color to black.
Hold the shift key and drag your gradient from either the right or left edge.
If it does not get the area you want, simply repeat the drag.........only this time move your starting point closer to the center of the image.

Screen Shot 2016-04-07 at 9.21.57 PM.png

Screen Shot 2016-04-07 at 9.22.38 PM.png

Last edited: