What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Could someone explain the simplest way to get this text effect?

merexraja

I am confused on how to get the text effect used in both of the attachments. It looks very lo-fi, it reminds me exactly of looking at old vinyl record covers. I need to know how to achieve this archaic grimy look with the text, I've been frustrated trying to attempt it for a few months now.:neutral: Any assistance is much appreciated.

Attachments

• example.PNG
    example.PNG
    464 KB · Views: 39
  • example 2.PNG
    example 2.PNG
    440.4 KB · Views: 39

gedstar

Guru
Hi merexraja and Welcome to PSG

It's hard to see the exact effect you're talking about because the images are low res but is it something like this you're trying to create

Untitled-1.jpg

Paul

Former Member
Text on a separate layer rasterize it add some noise then drop opacity about 5%:thumbsup:

Paul

Former Member
Yes to your pm ask on a side note please do not pm me for advise or anyone else reading this use the forum it is what it is for thanks.

P.S. not replying in your other thread as i find the second image very distasteful i have reported it so be aware.

dv8_fx

Retired Administrator
merexraja... Apologies for the deletion of an image in your other thread. The forum is quite stringent with regards to image content.....

Add noise on rasterized text as Paul suggested. Here I used 20% black for the text color then applied a small amount of NOISE at 2.5 and set to gaussian. I locked the text layer transparency (so's not to affect the text sharpness when blur is applied) and applied a very slight gaussian blur of .3. You can re-apply the blur (CTRL+F) again if you wish.....

example1dv.jpg