What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I was wondering ..

Jenn Zed

Hello there, this is my first post other than my intro to this forum.
So far I can see there is a lot of information and help already on offer which will be very helpful!

I have a question about some Art Work I have seen on DeviantArt which I am certain is done purely through Photoshop, it is exceptionally intricate work which looks to me like it has gone through several processes, the question I am really wanting to ask is .. how is this done?

I will link the Artists DeviantArt Gallery here - http://williamhockaday.deviantart.com/gallery

.. and some examples of the kind of work I would really like to know the PS secrets of how to achieve this effect is here ..

the_feeling_of_it_by_williamhockaday-d9zjlf8.jpg

and here ..

forever_by_williamhockaday-d9zfm5z.jpg

and here ..

hover_by_williamhockaday-d9zjtrf.jpg

.. thank you in advance of any help /info you may be able to give. :)

JZ.

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Hello.

I'm almost 100% certain that these are NOT created in Photoshop (I could be wrong). I'm trying to get in contact with the artist himself to ask.

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Update, William Hockaday's work is Acrylic on paper. He only uses Photoshop to adjust and enhance the colors.

Last edited:

Jenn Zed

Thank you for the info and update!

I have seen this kind of work, or very similar, done before by other artists using the same materials - acrylic paints, etc .. but, something kept playing in the back of my mind that I've also seen work like this done via Photoshop and wondered if there was a technique, plugin, tutorial, etc that may help me understand the process of how the works were created.

I appreciate the effort you went to to get me an answer, I really do.
Thank you again.
:)