What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Little box in layer image?

hmb

Hi, I think this question should be easily answered, but I haven't had any luck.

I am trying to create a puppet in Ps to use in Character Animator. I've used illustrator successfully, but I'm having a heck of a time getting the same results with Ps. The only difference I see between our layers is the little box that appears in my layer. I do not know what that is or what it's called. I haven't been able to find any answers. It's probably something very low level. The attached image compares my layers to the tutorial (fuzzy screenshot). Thanks for any help. Screen Shot 2016-05-21 at 11.52.18 AM.png

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
The little box indicates that it's a "shape" layer. This means the layer was created with a shape tool and contains a path which can be altered.

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I'm interested in seeing the tutorial. Can you provide a link to the tut?

gedstar

Guru
The second image you posted from the tutorial might be a Rasterized Shape Layer, when you right click on the Layer you have the option to Rasterize it

shape layer.jpg

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
The second image you posted from the tutorial might be a Rasterized Shape Layer, when you right click on the Layer you have the option to Rasterize it
I agree, that's why I wanted to see the tutorial. I suspected that the original tut either used the Elliptical Marquee Tool and not the Rectangle Tool.........or...........it was the Rectangle Tool used and the layer was then rasterized for some reason.

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Very cool......thanks for sharing!

hmb

You are welcome. It is frustratingly fun! It goes fast and I learned that his blue circle (head) is not a shape layer. I went very slow and saw the paint can. I'm working on it now.:confused: Wish me luck.

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
If you need any more help, feel free to ask.