What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Text outline

Bluie

Hello

I have the following image to illustrate a party held at an English country pub called The Sparrowhawk:

hawkIntro.jpg

I need to include the date, and so now I have this:

hawkIntro1.jpg

The text is pixellated - as I expected - but as I do not have access to a vector programme, I probably have to make do with it.

What might offset the text from the image is if I could outline each letter in black as you sometimes see in comics. I know you have to go into Blend | Stroke and Inner Shadow, but I can't quite remember how to do it.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks.

MrToM

Guru
Text in PS IS vectored but whatever, to get to the 'Stroke' options...

text_stroke_MT_001.png

...then adjust to taste.

Regards.
MrToM.

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
As MrToM stated, Ps text is vector. Stroking will not help. Your resolution setting is 96. Try starting with 300 ppi next time with a much larger canvas size.

Check your anti-aliasing.

Is the text aliased at 100% magnification?

100%
Screen Shot 2016-06-06 at 10.10.10 AM.png

Looks pretty good to me. All text will look aliased at higher magnification.

Last edited:

MrToM

Guru
To be honest the image at print size looks fine to me, I can't see any pixelation anywhere.

If the text is still 'editable' then as a vector it can't possibly be pixelated.

Even if the text has been rasterised it still couldn't be pixelated...unless...the image has been transformed in scale using a bad choice of interpolation, or the image in question is a high compression jpg version of the original PSD.

Depending on what the image is to be used for, personally I wouldn't say it needs anything doing to it, although a little black stroke wouldn't do any harm.

Regards.
MrToM.