What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Text effects how to ? Needed Gurus guidance !!!

zoe20

Power User
hi am attempting a text effect and i am sure its gradients effect and i also tried to make it similar .But i missed out most of the thigns involved in the effect .Any proper guidance or a tutorial by gurus will be highly appreciated. Thanks in advance

cheers
Zoe

psg.jpg

zoe20

Power User
Am 100% sure they used gradients in there. Also i think they used inner glows inner shadows etc?? Curious effect indeed . Need a tutorial or two .It will be helpful to all the newbies in here gurus.

MrToM

Guru
...Gradients plus inner stroke ??...
Nearly, yeah.

Text can be any colour, doesn't matter....but make it easy on yourself and make it BIG. :thumbsup:
Apply 'Gradient Overlay' fx and use the original to sample the colours.
Apply 'Inner Glow' fx and adjust to taste.

In order to replicate the exact example you posted I then...

Duplicated the text layer and converted to a smart object. This will keep the effects 'in proportion' when resizing the text.

I then used the transform tool to scale the text, (Smart Object), to the original size.
If text is still 'editable' text it can be resized by either typing the value in the character panel, scrubbing the icon in the character panel, or transforming. Transforming 'editable' text will automatically change the font size in the character panel.

If you need to tweak the 'fx' used then double clicking the duplicate 'smart object' layer will allow you to change the 'fx' properties....the only problem is you don't have the original for reference unless you use 'windowed' workspaces and display both documents simultaneously.

Anyway....that's what I did and here is the 'style' I ended up with...

View attachment ZOE20_LENDING_MT.zip

You'll see its not too dissimilar from your own except for 'inner glow'....it gives you way more options than 'stroke'.

You can load this into your current 'styles' and tweak it as you need.

Your style 'presets' are located here...[adjust for your PS and OS version]

C:\Users\< username >\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\< photoshop Version >\Presets\Styles

Regards.
MrTom.

Last edited: