What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Adding in to sky - Best way to do it?

CaPpedDoG

Hey everyone, I'm adding a different sky into a photo of mine. I copied the new sky onto its own layer and created a layer mask. I've been painting in the new sky but it's taking some time because there are a lot of intricacies between with the blades of grass. Is there a more efficient way to do this? Cheers :cheesygrin:

Attachments

• Untitled-1.jpg
    Untitled-1.jpg
    721.8 KB · Views: 5
There are several ways of doing this, but if there happens to be good contrast between the foreground and the sky---which your photo has---then there is a setting called Blend-If that works very well for this kind of thing. This video is pretty good, and you can find others by searching for Photoshop Blend-If tutorials.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bJssJWZ2t_Y

For future reference, using BlendIF on one of the R, G, B channels often works even better than using it on the combined RGB channel. It's a great combination of one of the other standard masking techniques, "masking by channels" and the BlendIF technique.

Cheers,

Tom M

Last edited:

Back