What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can this be done

djdancer

Hi All -

I'm not exactly a newbie but I'm not great with Photoshop either. I've never gotten the real time it takes to sit down and work with it over and over until it becomes the normal way of doing things. Just scanty projects where I have to sit down for hours and hours doing research.

Anyway, I'm working on a website and want to put my logo into the picture the way the guy in my image has his. Only I'd like to go a step further and have my verbiage show up in the picture as well. Can this be done? I'm sure the guys background in the picture I'm posting looks much better than putting a logo into it but thought I'd try anyway to make my client happy. :) Also, can I delete this picture from this post when I'm done? I understand if I can't. I can leave the post up here forever.

Attachments

• Daniel Amoateng - trial copy.jpg
    Daniel Amoateng - trial copy.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 60
Last edited:

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Daniel Amoateng - trial copy.jpg

Anyway, I'm working on a website and want to put my logo into the picture the way the guy in my image has his. Only I'd like to go a step further and have my verbiage show up in the picture as well. Can this be done?
The logo in the image would be the eagle head. The verbiage is the text. What do you mean you want to go a step further?

djdancer

I want to put text inside my shadowed image but in the same color. I've attached my logo to put inside the red background.greater love2.png I just don't know if I'm going to be able to pick that up fine detail in the background so may have to think of something else that catches the eye and use my logo elsewhere at the start of my page.

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sorry.............

What shadowed image?

Place your logo inside what red background.

Which image are we talking about?

Please try to be more specific and descriptive.

If you want to have your text, image or anything appear within the confines of another image, you should be using a clipping mask. Google tutorials on clipping masks. very easy.

Agent

djdancer

IamSam I was descriptive and did sent the image. Do you see where that guy put the eagle in his picture that I posted above? I want to know how he did it.

agentmoeller I will take a look at clipping masks.

djdancer

Thank you IamSam!! One question, how do I do the gradient to look like yours? I think I also have to cut out parts of my logo that for mine. It doesn't look cool like theirs. maybe I'll just put a cool looking cross or something because it's for a church website.

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Thank you IamSam!! One question, how do I do the gradient to look like yours?

Your welcome.

The gradient was made using the Gradient Tool. I set the the gradients preset to "Foreground to Transparent". The gradient was set to linear. I set my foreground color to be slightly darker than the background color. I pulled the gradients from the top and the bottom while holding the shift key to keep them straight.

djdancer

IamSam you are awesome!! I did tech support for a well known company for many years in my early years and have to tell you that a lot of my collegues would not give the details the way you do. They would have told them it's all on Google or something of the such. Thank you so much!!

I don't use Photoshop enough to remember things that I may have done in the past. Like this year I'm going to have to start my Christmas cards 2 months early. lol

I'll post whatever I end up putting in the background. I haven't decided on the logo or the cross now because their logo is a not as exciting as the one I posted.

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Not a problem. I'm only hoping that I have somehow managed to answer your question as I was having a hard time understanding in the beginning. If you have any other questions, please ask.