What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

i need to make a single color bmp image. please help!

Annihilated

I have a bmp image 64x40 and its black and white I want the white color to remain but I do NOT know how to remove the black. I don't know how to have no color at all.:banghead:View attachment nectar.bmp
The attatched image may not be 64x40 but I need it to be. I think it's 60x40 but it has to be 64x40
If someone could help me I would be so happy!!

Annihilated

I know it's weird that I won't be able to see the image but its for a LED screen that only displays white. I'm uploading a logo onto the device and it asks for a “single color bmp file 64x40” and I am not savy to this kind of thing.

thebestcpu

Guru
Right now your request is not fully specified. Choices

Do you need a single tone image e.g. that is pure black or white pixels e.g. representing pixels that are either "on" or "off"?

If you need a bmp that is fully white, then, the bmp file and the display must accept transparency to see the image. Is that what you want? If this is the case, can you accept partial transparency to simulate tonality in the image (such as you have with your original), or must it either be pixels with either no transparency or full transparency.

We need more details on specifications as either can be done or even a third choice if neither of the above is what you want.

Annihilated

Okay you are making some sense although I don't understand all of it. Maybe the “on” pixels could be black. But as for as specification for the image the device I'm using only asked for “a single color bmp image 64x40”
And I tried uploading the image black and white as a bmp at 64x40 and it said error image but be single color bmp

thebestcpu

Guru
If you had a link to the specification, I am sure that would help. I have attached a bmp file with a bit depth of 1 (means just black and white).

I am sure there is a specific file format that is expected and it would be more productive with details then randomly trying all sorts of file format combinations.

Hope this works yet if not, any link to specifications or details on what you are using for display. I am sure we can get there.

View attachment nectar bit map.bmp

Annihilated

I just read on a forum where someone created his own logo he said he created a bmp image in paint and saved it as monochrome so maybe all I need to do is make my original image monochrome?
The device I'm using is a “cuboid” and electronic cigarette with an oled screen. Recently in a firmware update the company informed us

“ What’s new in Version 3.02? This time, we bring you something really interesting to your eVic-VTC Mini — custom logo is now enabled. With the new Firmware Version 3.02, users can upload custom logos onto the Cuboid as you like. The logo should be single color bmp. picture with limited 64*40 pixel.”

Annihilated

If you had a link to the specification, I am sure that would help. I have attached a bmp file with a bit depth of 1 (means just black and white).

I am sure there is a specific file format that is expected and it would be more productive with details then randomly trying all sorts of file format combinations.

Hope this works yet if not, any link to specifications or details on what you are using for display. I am sure we can get there.

View attachment 64848

You got it! Thank you so much it worked your the best <3 10 000 karma points to you!

thebestcpu

Guru
Great and your welcome. I looked at your link and the format is a bmp file with a bit depth of 1 which is just a pure black and White pixel map.

I had to convert your original which had had gray tones due to anti-aliasing to just black and white and then save as single bit bmp. Just used my judgement on where to pick the threshold point for what should be black and what should be white. Also added the extra side pixels to meet your size requirement.

Now you know the specifications and file format for you logos.