What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Adapting a portrait photo to a comic style (screenshots included)

Alexios

Hey there everyone!
After browsing the interwebs I am hoping that you fine experty photoshop ninja masters can help me :cheesygrin:

What's this about
I am preparing to create an epic photo montage for my best friend's wedding and I'm currently looking at different comic-styles for pics of our group of friends.

After flirting with the Borderlands style a bit and having a look at some tutorials for that, I remembered the movie "The Losers" and would love to use that art style (also see here at 01:40-02:45):

1.png

Now, I am confident that I’m proficient (and patient) enough in PS that I could do this if I knew how. However, figuring out, HOW and WHAT to do in what order, that is a different story entirely. I’m at least somewhat capable of using PS as a tool, but the whole creative process thing is something my mind is not designed for unfortunately. I am totally lost :redface:
I tried finding a tutorial for creating this style but wasn’t very lucky, perhaps you guys know of one that I could consult? Or maybe there’s a filter out there for the outlining part and tutorials I could use for other parts?
Any help would be greatly appreciated! :)

Thanks in advance
Alex

P.S.: Here are a few before / after as well as "inbetween" screenshots if that helps:

Before
2.jpg

After
3.jpg

Before
4.jpg

Inbetween
5.jpg
6.jpg
7.jpg

After
8.jpg