What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pen tool - too much selection

Tom Mann

Guru
To be perfectly honest, to me, yes, it is too much. The outside areas of each lens looks flat.

Tom M

Tom Mann

Guru
Mix back in 50 or so percent of the original in that area, and it will look better.

Tom M

djdancer

Tom how do I do that? Also, it looks like I may need to cut him out again because he's on the wrong color background. I always loved doing small projects in PS but this project as a whole is killing me. lol I don't feel like I'm ever going to get to the point where I put them all in the website.

Tom Mann

Guru
Yes, much better!

To answer your question about how do you "blend back in some of the original", it's easy, at least it is if you started by duplicating the "background" (i.e., untouched) layer and did work on the duplicate, leaving the original untouched.

In that case, what you do is make yet another duplicate of the background layer, move it to the top of the stack (or just above where you worked on the reflections) and drop it's opacity to 50% or so. If you want the "blending back in" procedure only to affect the area of the reflections just put a black layer mask on the copy of the original and paint it white onto it in the area of the reflections.

HTH,

Tom M

djdancer

Hey Tom -

That helps a lot. At least if I need to come back to look at this for a different project. I have many questions because I'm not skilled in Photoshop but also don't have a creative side to me and don't see creatively like all of you do.
Thank you!! :)