What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Need some help with text paths

sh86

Hi,

I've been trying to modify text that follows a certain path, but I came across a problem. Below is a sample image of what I want:

I drew a path (pen tool) and using the type tool i clicked on the path so as to have my text follow that path. But I want the text to read from the bottom up (like the first sentence in the image). But trying to rotate the curved text no longer follows the path i want (but a rotated form of it).

Is there a way to either
a) rotate text but keep it along the original path
b) write the text and then snap it to a path
c) chose the direction of the text prior to writing

Any advice is greatly appreciated!

Thanks
SH86

text path.png

MrToM

Guru
See that circle at the very bottom of the path?

HOLD CTRL + CLICK that circle and drag it to one side of the path.....the text will do one of two things...stay where it is or flip to the other side, changing direction in the process.

If the text doesn't move then drag to the opposite side.....it should then flip over.

If you need to then move the text along the path, which is almost inevitable, the again use CTRL with ALT and your keyboard cursor keys to slide the text back into position.

Regards.
MrToM.

hawkeye

Guru
Select the path, then ctrl+t for free transform. Rotate it anyway you wish.

Attachments

• MaxthonSnap20160711102950.png
    MaxthonSnap20160711102950.png
    15.8 KB · Views: 8
  • MaxthonSnap20160711102852.png
    MaxthonSnap20160711102852.png
    15.4 KB · Views: 8